Nuaire Flatmaster Ventilation Unit – For properties with no loft space
100mm diameter / 121x60mm interchangeable spigots supplied with the unit
The unit is designed to take fresh air from outside, clean the air and discharge it into the central hallway via a system of ducts.
The dwelling’s internal air discharge grille is usually installed at a high level in a central location within the hallway, although discharging the air down the length of the hallway (away from the front door) should also prove acceptable. Unit performance may be enhanced if an existing heat source can warm the discharged air, e.g. by locating the discharge grille above a radiator.
Based on the popular and low-energy Positive Input Ventilation principle which Nuaire invented in 1972, the Flatmaster range has been specifically designed to ventilate homes without lofts. The system introduces air into the home at a continuous low rate, eliminating condensation dampness and forcing our indoor pollutants such as Radon gas and carbon monoxide.
The aesthetically pleasing and compact unit is usually situated in a convenient location, such as a kitchen cupboard or hallway, and is ducted to a central location. Multi-positional spigots allow for quicker installation with only one external wall penetration.
Features & Benefits:
- Cures condensation dampness – PIV removes humidity from the air, preventing mould growth and controlling dust-mite allergens.
- Improves indoor air quality – indoor pollutants from cooking and cleaning are removed while outdoor pollutants including pollen and Radon gas are kept out.
- Meets Regulations – meets Part F & L of Building Regulations as a low-energy ventilation strategy.
- Extremely low power consumption – as low as 3 watts.
- Easy installation and very low maintenance – filter clean or replacement every 18 months
- Optional heater facility – to provide additional heat to the incoming air if required.
- 5-year warranty – for peace of mind.
- Running costs between 5 and 10p per day dependent on electrical supplier and heating and speed setting.